Saturday, February 27, 2010

change in flight plans

Below is an excerpt from the email I received earlier from the Haiti Command Center Logistics Team:

"We have been informed that the runway lights at Port-au-Prince airport (PAP) will not be in working order at night for some indefinite time. This means that no aircraft can land in PAP after dark."

Needless to say, our flight has been rescheduled for earlier in the day. (Good thing I learned that lessons of "flexibility" and "sleep deprivation" in grad school, eh?). Hmm... Since it will be daylight, I wonder if I'll be able to get a photo from the air...

I'm excited to get there - anxious to get started. Everyone asks if I'm prepared - and the honest answer is, I think so, but I have no idea. How do you prepare for something that you know will impact you in a way nothing before ever has?

Apparently by bringing your own toilet paper (thanks, Jennifer!)

~PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment