Sunday, November 21, 2010

Heading up to St. Louis du Nord, written on 21 November

I'm typing this on my way to St. Louis... Du Nord, not Missouri. As many of you have heard on the news, the cholera situation is getting worse. Fabienne (MTI), Terry and I are on a small UN plane headed up North with cases of life-saving LR and supplies.

I don't know what the cell coverage will be like, but wanted to send this quick update. I'm safe, and promise to STAY THAT WAY while up in the hot zone.

And FYI - while it looks much closer on a map, we will actually be 4-6 hours drive away from CAP, where all the rioting is happening, so I don't expect to be caught in the middle of any civil unrest... I want to "Save the World", but I don't want to die in the process!

I'll write more when/if I can, and expect to return to PaP with plenty to be thankful for in time for Thanksgiving.

(the photo is of the small plane we flew up on)




~PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment