Friday, May 7, 2010

the Becca mask...

Just a quick note before I go to bed...

The past few days have been a mellow roar - we've still got all of the patients in one tent, are re-wiring the OR/peds tent, and just today started doing some minor operations. I was elated to see Vince arrive - we met on my last trip, and he's come down to be CMO for the next 3 weeks. I've spent most of the past 2 days working on a "drug formulary" for the hospital.

Tonight I enjoyed a drink and some BBQ with some medic buddies at Mango-Mango and sweet talked a truck full of badly needed IVFs out of another NGO. It's off to bed a little early for me - I've got to be up early tomorrow to go on a "drug raid"... There's a hospital close by that's closing down, and they're offering to give us all their meds. (And I hear this rumor that the Miami Dolphins might be showing up here tomorrow... Hmmm... Might have to wear a Cowboys hat...)

PS. Check out the photo - I woke up next to my sister! (Now the Becca mask has been to Haiti)


~PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment