Wednesday, May 19, 2010

sometimes Karma bites me in the butt

I'm in the taxi, on the way to the airport in San Salvador. Last night I wrote this amazing journal entry - easily an entire 2 pages in fluent Spanish, with another 2 pages of the English translation - joking about how my brain hurts from thinking in Creole in a Spanish-speaking country and explaining what I'm doing in Roatan over the next week.

Then I threw in a little "love note" to all my peeps down in Haiti (especially to CNO Jen) about how I was typing this while soaking in a hot bath, before luxuriating in a king-sized bed in a quiet, mosquito-free, air-conditioned room, thinking of them in the chaos and heat of Port au Prince. I even took a photo of me in the bathtub (from the neck up - totally G-rated).

I attached the wrong photo, went to delete the attachment, and deleted the whole damn journal entry.

And thus, last night, I discovered 2 things.

#1 There is no "undo" function on my blackberry

#2 I still know an awful lot of swear words in Spanish

~PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment